A4 in packs of 5 sheets.
Available in clear, matt or white.
The film shrinks to 20% of its original size when baked (remember 'Shrinky Dinks'?)
Typically, the film is used to make tags, jewellery, key chains, zipper pulls but could also be used to make all manor of model detail.
The shrinking is not an exact science, so some testing will have to take place if you are creating scale objects. Some distortion will occur.
- Trace by laying over design or draw design on film (clear or matt styles).
- Sand surface with medium sandpaper when using coloured pencils or when rubber stamping
- Cut out design with scissors or craft knife before baking.
- Punch film before baking
- Preheat oven between 300°C and 250°C
- Place on medium weight cardboard, teflon sheet, parchment paper or vellum (do not bake on bare metal or stoneware).
- Cover the piece with parchment paper or vellum to keep the film from sticking to itself when curling.
- Bake in a regular or toaster oven until the piece is flat (it will curl then flatten) usually 2-3 minutes.
- Use gloves to touch before cooling
- If needed, whilst hot, you can flatten your design with a spatula or other suitable tool.