NEW BLADES '16
The next show will take place on Thursday 9th June at the Holborn Studios.
The show will feature graduates from the Arts University Bournemouth, University of Hertfordshire, University of Bolton, City of Glasgow College, University for the Creative Arts and and Dun Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design + Technology.
The show, now in its 24th year, has industry backing from all walks of the model making industry.
Special thanks goes to our main sponsors: Foster + Partners, Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners and Pinewood Creative.
- Artem will be sponspring the 'Best SFX Model or Prop'
- Foster + Partners will be sponsoring 'Best Architectural Model'
- Asylum Models & Effects will be sponsoring the 'Asylum Creative Prize'
- 4D modelshop will be sponsoring 'Best Use of Creative Materials'
- The Twins FX will be sponsoring 'The Twins FX Wow Factor'
- Propshop will be sponsoring ‘Best Use of New Technology’
- Machineshop will be sponsoring the 'Best Lateral Thinking'
- Pinewood Creative will be sponsoring the 'Pinewood Creative Prize'
- Fox Silver & 4D modelshop will be sponsoring the 'Best of Show' awards
- Show opens at 10am for the Public View - We welcome anyone interested in model making especially GCSE, AS & A2 students thinking of taking a model making degree. There will be a chance to talk to the tutors running the courses as well as the graduates who have just completed their degree.
- 4pm - 5pm - Intermission - The show remains open but many graduates have a break before the Private View.
- 6pm Private View commences - We welcome anyone from the 3D design industry, if you are looking to recruit we urge you to find the University staff in attendance and they will recommend potential employees.
- 9pm - Industry award and Best of Show presentations.
- 10pm show closes - Retire to The Commissary bar and canal side pontoons.
There will also be trade displays from the 4D modelshop Workshop Services, Patrick Thorn & Co and Laserite will be bringing their newly developed Lotus Systems lasers.
Sign up to our newsletter to ensure that you receive an invitation.