NEW BLADES '17
This years show will be held on Thursday 8th June at the Holborn Studios in Islington, London.
There will be 100 graduates from: the Arts University Bournemouth, University of Hertfordshire, Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design and Technology (IADT), University of Bolton, Coleg y Cymoedd, Nottingham Trent University and the City of Glasgow College.
- The Public View - 10am - 6pm - open to anyone with an interest in 3D design inc friends & family (drop in, no invitation needed).
- The Private View 6pm - 10pm - for industry professionals, especially those looking to recruit.
- On site cafe/bar The Commissionary with canal side seating.
- Industry awards chosen by the individual company sponsors.
- Best of Show awards chosen by the visiting professionals.
- Free bar (Private View) sponsored by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners.
We have set up a Facebook Event for the show, so please let us know if you are going to attend.
Don't let New Blades get in the way of you voting in the general election on the 8th June.
You can register for a postal vote here, applications must be in by 23rd May.
We are very lucky to have support from a diverse range of high profile companies.
Without their help we couldn't put on the show in such a central location.
The show is paid for by the students themselves, so this backing is vital.
- Foster + Partners
- Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners
- Pinewood Studios Group
- Anderson Entertainment
- 4D modelshop
- Foster + Partners 'Best Architectural Model'
- Artem 'Best SFX Model or Prop'
- Digits2Widgets 'Best Use of New Technology'
- Anderson Entertainment 'Gerry Anderson Film Miniature award'
- The Twins FX 'The Twins FX Wow Factor'
- Merlin Magic Making 'Best Figurative Concept'
- Pinewood Studio Group 'Pinewood Creative Prize'
- Machineshop 'Best Lateral Thinking'
- Dyson 'Dyson Precision Award'
- Asylum 'Asylum Creative Prize'
- Paragon Creative 'Best Heritage Model'
- Fox Silver & 4D modelshop 'Best of Show' & 'Best of Show runner up'
We are producing a trophy for each of the industry awards this year using our Workshop Services.