Our model making guides have been created to show so basic model making techniques and how best to use some of our products.
We are always adding new guides to the list.
The guides are available as PDF's.
PRODUCT INFORMATION SHEETS
- A guide to EVA foam - a guide to our EVA foam products for Cosplayers, LARPers, prop makers, costume & fashion designers (1.7Mb PDF)
- Alginate - a quick setting compound usually used to reproduce ‘body parts’, although it can be used to mould other items (1.4Mb PDF).
- Gedeo Crystal resin - an epoxy resin system that cures solid and perfectly imitates glass (1.5Mb PDF).
- Gelflex - a remeltable PVC moulding compound that forms a flexible mould (1.5Mb PDF).
- Latex liquid rubber - a pre vulcanised emulsion which forms a highly flexible thin rubber skin (1.4Mb PDF).
- Polymorph - mouldable plastic granules that can be shaped by hand (1.5Mb PDF).
- Sculpt gel - a silicone system to apply the prosthetic easily and directly to the person without creating any moulds or without doing any lifecasts (2.6Mb PDF).
- Home transfer system - print your own decals (1.6Mb PDF).
- ROSCO Foamcoat - water based coating for styrofoam and polystyrene foam, as well as other surfaces (1.7Mb PDF).
- ProtoPaper - a technical paper used to design, create and visualise 3D prototypes (page).
Disclaimer: Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in these guides, 4D modelshop does not and cannot guarantee the accuracy thereof. Anyone using the information does so at their own risk and shall be deemed to indemnify 4D modelshop from any and all injury or damage arising from such use.