Our model making guides have been created to show so basic model making techniques and how best to use some of our products.
We are always adding new guides to the list.
The guides are available as PDF's.
PRODUCT INFORMATION SHEETS
- Alginate - A quick setting compound usually used to reproduce ‘body parts’, although it can be used to mould other items.
- Clear casting Bio-resin - suitable for inlaying natural products such as fish, lizards, flowers and butterflies.
- ComposiMold - a 100% reusable mould making material that works by melting and pouring.
- Gedeo Crystal resin - an epoxy resin system that cures solid and perfectly imitates glass.
- Gelflex - a remeltable PVC moulding compound that forms a flexible mould.
- Latex liquid rubber - a pre vulcanised emulsion which forms a highly flexible thin rubber skin.
- Polymorph - mouldable plastic granules that can be shaped by hand.
- Sculpt gel - a silicone system to apply the prosthetic easily and directly to the person without creating any moulds or without doing any lifecasts.
- SILLI putty - for making your own food grade moulds that are flexible and perfect to use with fondant, gumpaste, polymer and so much more.
- Home transfer system - print your own decals.
- ROSCO Foamcoat - water based coating for styrofoam and polystyrene foam, as well as other surfaces.
- ProtoPaper - a technical paper used to design, create and visualise 3D prototypes.
Disclaimer: Although care has been taken in preparing the information contained in these guides, 4D modelshop does not and cannot guarantee the accuracy thereof. Anyone using the information does so at their own risk and shall be deemed to indemnify 4D modelshop from any and all injury or damage arising from such use.