Worbla’s Black Art.
Worbla’s Black Art has a finer texture to give a smoother finish than Worbla’s Finest Art, allowing for finer detailing both for sculpting and for building detail onto a piece.
See drop down box for available sheet sizes (smaller sheets available below).
- Ideal for pieces requiring finer detailing
- Less priming needed, compared to Worbla’s Finest Art.
- Can be left unprimed, the surface closeto that of EVA foam
- Non toxic
- Can be shaped by hand without requiring special safety gear
- Heat with a hot air gun, water or steam to shape the plastic however you want
- You can form complex curves without requiring a vacuform
- One side is the ‘glue’ side, when heated, it can be attached to other layers
- Can be layered to itself or over a foam such as plastazote to add bulk
- When cool, can be sanded without damage
- Any scraps can be re-blended and moulded like putty.
- Can be cut to your artwork in our Laser Department
Worbla products have been used internationally, from Disney to Star Trek to Cirque du Solei, stage to screen, by crafters, schools, architects, prop makers, costumiers and cosplayers.
It is also used for making sculptures, toys, masks and jewellery.
See our guide to Working with Worbla.